Club Tivoli Deutcher Verein Melbourne Inc. dates all the way back to 1860, a time when many German migrants were attracted to Victoria by the gold rush.
It was formed to preserve the German cultural traditions, language and social club life
Established as the Melbourne German Gymnastic Club (Melbourne Deutscher Turnverein), it was in fact one of the first clubs to be established in Melbourne. In 1921 it amalgamated with Club Tivoli and was renamed Club Tivoli-Deutscher Verein Melbourne.
Over the years the club has had various changes of address, culminating in 1989 with the purchase of the present valuable property at 291 Dandenong Road, Windsor.
Today, Club Tivoli proudly maintains the ideals developed by the founders over 150 ago. Those ideals are embodied in the four F’s in the club’s crest: Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei (Bright, Upright, Cheerful, Liberal).
With more than 900 members, Club Tivoli is dedicated to the preservation of German culture through song, ethnic dance, and the development of German language skills. Of course we invite everybody to participate in all the aspects of our Club life.